Evergreen: A Guide to Writing Name:
Study Guide, chapter 4
1. What makes a paragraph
2. If a paragraph lacks coherence, what might it need?
3. When should the writer decide
on a logical order of ideas?
4. List and explain three basic types of order a writer can use:
5. List four basic ways to link sentences:
6. How can repetition of key words help a reader?
7. How can pronouns help a writer
avoid unnecessary repetition?
8. How can transitional expressions help the reader?
page of chapter 4 has a long list of transitional expressions and their