Writing Process Worksheet
MUST BE TURNED IN WITH EVERY FORMAL WRITING ASSIGNMENT
Name _______________________________________Due Date_______________
ASSIGNMENT Page #___________
1. Type of writing required
2. Places in the text to find
useful information or topic suggestions for that type of writing _________________________________________________________
4. Required length________________________________________________
5. Any other necessary information______________________________________________
STAGE ONE: Pre-write. Explore. Freewrite, brainstorm, list, cluster, or take notes to come up with ideas for your
STAGE TWO: Organize.
· Write a topic sentence.
· Label the subject and its treatment parts.
· Determine your method of organization.
· List some transitions for this paper.
· Write an outline or a plan.
STAGE THREE: On separate paper write or type a rough draft of your paper.
Ask another student to read and comment on your rough draft. That student
should sign here:____________________________________________________
STAGE FOUR: Revise.
STAGE FIVE: Ask
Mrs. Damerell to read and comment on your revised draft. She
should sign here:___________________________________________________________________
STAGE SIX: Revise.
STAGE SEVEN: Proofread and Edit.
FINALLY: Print a
final, clean copy. Proofread it one more time before handing it in. Then hand in all papers stapled together in order, ending with your final copy. I will grade the copy that is on the bottom. No paper will
be accepted if this worksheet is not attached.